Here’s your heads up on a networking and training opportunity at home in the Hoosier State. The 2009 Governor’s Conference on Service and Volunteerism is scheduled for October 29-30 in Indianapolis.
From the Office of Faith Based and Community Services link: 2009 Governor’s Conference
Mark Your Calendar!
Who: Everyone who is involved in serving Indiana Communities
When: Thursday, October 29 and Friday, October 30, 2009
Where: Indianapolis Marriott East, 7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN
How: Two days filled with excellent education opportunities presented through eight tracks and 64 sessions, expert speakers, celebration, and networking.
More than 600 attendees who are involved with service in Indiana Communities will gather to share ideas and best practices and explore challenges related to the successful development and implementation of service-learning.
2009 education tracks:
- Unlocking the Mystery (sponsored by the Department of Correction and Access To Recovery)
- A Wealth of Ideas: Financial Literacy for People and Organizations (Sponsored by Networks Financial Institute of Indiana State University)
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Mobilizing Volunteers
- Youth Development
- Engaging Baby Boomers
- Public Awareness (Marketing, Media and Fund Raising)
- Leadership (Educating Decision Makers).