Marketing and Development Director
This position is a professional, senior-level job reporting to the executive director and requires significant experience in those work areas, and extensive knowledge of community/regional funding sources.
While it is a management-level position, this is a “hands-on” position and the employee will spend much of their time doing as well as directing.
Duties will include:
- Develop banners and tv/radio ads
- Write and design newsletters, brochures, press releases
- Develop and coordinate partnerships with media, community organizations and foundations
- Research, write, review and monitor grants
- Establish sponsorships with businesses and corporations
- Manage fundraising events such as the annual gala and golf outing
- Maintain web site and social media outlets
- Organize and maintain all electronic and hard copy marketing and funding files and records
- Manage and expand the membership program, and cultivate as a donor base
- Supervise full and part-time staff
- Manage Strategic Plan components such as marketing plans, annual fund, fundraising plans, etc.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a high-paced, high-stress, high-pressure environment (responsible, organized, time- and detail-oriented)
- Comfortable with, and interested in science and public education
- Have exceptional public speaking abilities (comfortable working with audiences of all sizes/ages/backgrounds
- Must like people; be outgoing, flexible, professional in attitude and appearance
- energetic, and enthusiastic
- Have experience in management and staff training
- Have strong sense of humor
- Ability to work long hours
- Flexibility and capability to adapt to changing priorities and schedules
- The ability to partner with a wide variety of diverse colleagues and business/community associates
- Time and detail-oriented
- Significant knowledge of MS Office, graphics design programs such as In Design, donation programs such as Donor Perfect, strong spreadsheet skills
- Significant knowledge of and ability to research and write grants; familiarity with granting organizations and foundations
- Significant skills in maintaining the web site (Joomla, FrontPage), and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.); exceptional graphics design skills and the ability to develop newsletters, brochures, banners, etc.
This is not an entry-level position, only experienced professionals with non-profit marketing and development skills should apply. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; strong background in business and communications; minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing and development, preferably in the non-profit field; must be comfortable working in a science-related organization; experience with managing staff; flexible schedule. Valid Drivers License and successful completion of a Criminal Background Check is required.
Send completed application, cover letter, resume, and professional references (minimum of 5) to:
Human Resources Director,Science Central
1950 North Clinton Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Fax: (260) 422-2899